Thursday, February 4, 2016

Free Field Guide this weekend: Poppies

Rather out of season, but I was writing an article on Poppies the other day, which prompted me to finish this Field Guide, which I started last year and never quite got around to publishing.

Everyone knows what a Poppy is, but are you sure it's Papver rhoeas, or is it P. dubium?

And what about Welsh, Horned and Californian? Would you recognise an Opium Poppy if you saw one?

Here it is, then, the answers to all these questions and lots more information about Papaver and "other things called poppies", all in one neat package, for less than the price of a cup of coffee, but FREE this coming weekend.

Amazon work on US time, by the way, so although it is free from midnight on Friday night, in the UK it won't appear to be free until about mid-morning on Saturday, and will continue to be free right over into the small hours of Monday.

And of course if you have Kindle Unlimited, or Amazon Prime, then you can download it for free at any time ("whoopee!"), but if you don't, then hang on until the weekend and get it free then.

If you don't have a Kindle, that's not a problem, Amazon kindly provide a free programme ("app") so you can download it to your own device, and if you don't have a tablet, it still doesn't matter as you can even download it to your PC or laptop.

 As I said last time, if you have any comments on the book, do please email me on rachy.ramone@gmail.com, as I love to hear from people who have used the Cribs, and quite often there are good suggestions which I am very happy to incorporate. Also, if there is a group of plants that you are struggling with, do let me know as there might already be a Crib for them, in which case I will bump it up the publication list: I still have over 30 or so to do, and as I work full time, it is taking me quite a while to get through them all: let's hope for a couple of rainy weeks when I can't get out to work..... *laughs*

Finally, if you like it, do please leave a Review on Amazon, as that will encourage other people to download it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment