Sunday, October 4, 2015

New Field Guide out today - Wild Roses

There have been a few iSpot Observations recently dealing with Field Rose, Dog Rose etc, and it seemed that quite a few people were not entirely sure of the differences, so here we are:

...my Field Guide to the commonest wild roses that you are likely to find whilst out and about in the UK countryside.

It's available now, HERE, on Amazon.

As always, these Field Guides are not intended to replace proper botany reference books, they are intended to provide a quick and easy reference resource for differentiating between each group.

I found this Crib to be a very easy one to write: once I got started, I found that the differences in the wild roses are actually very straightforward, unlike the pesky Veronicas (a book that I am going to revise almost immediately after publishing it, as I think it could be clearer..), but this one is nice, very easy to use.

As always, if you have Kindle Unlimited, or Amazon Prime, then you can download it for free at any time ("whoopee!"), but if you don't, then hang on until next weekend and get it free then.

Yes, it will be FREE to download next weekend, the 10th and 11th October.

If you don't have a Kindle, that's not a problem, Amazon kindly provide a free programme ("app") so you can download it to your own device, and if you don't have a tablet, it still doesn't matter as you can even download it to your PC or laptop.

You can't get any more helpful than that!

If you have any comments on the book, do please email me on rachy.ramone@gmail.com, as I love to hear from people who have used the Cribs, and quite often there are good suggestions which I am very happy to incorporate. Also, if there is a group of plants that you are struggling with, do let me know as there might already be a Crib for them, in which case I will bump it up the publication list: I still have 40 or so to do, and as I work full time, it is taking me quite a while to get through them all, but I hope to have them all published before the end of the year.

Or maybe before the end of next year.... *laughs*

Finally, if you like it, do please leave a Review on Amazon, as that will encourage other people to download it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment